iTunes 12.5.3 when minimized it crashs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RocksIRC, Jan 7, 2017.

1. RocksIRC macrumors member

RocksIRC

help i have a macpro 1,1 with el capatain 10.11.6 and itunes 12.5.3 latest release i have installed problem is when i minimize with the traffic icon button it freezes and logs me out of the system...? what could it be?

2. Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela

The latest version of iTunes is 12.5.4, not 12.5.3.

The sensible suggestion would be for you to upgrade to the LATEST version, fire it up, then report back any issues that you encounter after you have actually run the latest version.

I also suggest you contact Apple Support about any issues before you post here again.

Good luck!

3. bernuli macrumors 6502

I don't think you can call tech support when you are running an OS that is not supported on a computer that is no longer supported.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 7, 2017 ---
    Does this happen with any other apps? Will the problem occur if iTunes is not playing anything?

Definitely upgrade to 12.5.4 and post back with results.

4. RocksIRC thread starter macrumors member

RocksIRC

yes it occurs when not playing anything and no problems with other apps they work fine no issues. I'm using 12.5.4 same thing happens. It only occurred when using iTunes versions 12.x.x and up. Bart Kela as for support with apple i do not get because im running a unsupported os el captain 10.11.6 on a macpro 1,1. i can't get support from apple.

5. Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela

Oh, I did not know this was an unsupported hardware-operating system combination.

I don't memorize such things and that crucial detail was not disclosed by the OP.

All bets are off, best of luck in solving the issue.

6. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

You might consider backing down your iTunes version.
    I'm running Macs with OS from 10.5.11 to 12.12.2. All are running iTunes 10.4.1
    It doesn't crash much.
    I keep a copy of the latest iTunes on on the Mac running the latest OS so I can connect to modern iOS, and use the store when needed. Renamed iTunes 10.4.1->myTunes, so the two don't fight much.
    Here's a thread where downdating iTunes is discussed. There are several more in this forum.

7. bernuli macrumors 6502

I looked it up.

8. RocksIRC thread starter macrumors member

RocksIRC

12.5.4 iTunes still does the samething crashs on minimize with traffic icon even after a few reinstalls. i guess ill wait for 12.5.5. or 13 LOL