iTunes 12 Artists view out of order

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrismac2, Jul 1, 2015.

1. chrismac2 macrumors regular

chrismac2

I have one track by Sting, purchased from the iTunes store, with no modifications to the ID3 tags at all. They are all at their defaults as purchased.

For some reason, it is not in the correct alphabetical order (second thumbnail). You'll also see Styx is out of order (those are imported CD ripped tracks)

I've checked Artist, Album Artist, and the Sorting fields, all look as it should. And it does sort correctly in Song view if I click on the Artist column (first thumbnail). Also it sorts correctly on my iPhone.

Has anyone seen this before and were able to fix it?

sting1.jpg sting2.jpg sting3.jpg sting4.jpg

2. Redbeard25 macrumors regular

Redbeard25

Messed up for me too, but in a different order. Sting before Styx, but both before Stan Lee and Stealing Angels. Maybe it just sorts artists by first letter??

[​IMG]

3. chrismac2 thread starter macrumors regular

chrismac2

I don't think it sorts by just first letter......everything else (at least that i've seen) is sorted in correct, complete alphabetic order.

How crazy is it that you see the same thing with Styx and Sting being out of order? Very odd.....

4. JPM42 macrumors 6502

I've had the same issue as well, since updating iTunes. I have two artists (The BPA and Beck) which start the letter B and are preceding bands like The Beatles, who should come before those two.

Looks like it's a bug. Best thing to do would be to submit a bug report directly to Apple's engineers. The more people who file bugs on this, the higher in priority it will be for them to fix it.

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/