iTunes 12 Crashing Everytime After 20 seconds!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BergerFan, Oct 20, 2014.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

iTunes 12 crashes(every time) after about 15-20 seconds on Yosemite, it's infuriating.
    I've downloaded and reinstalled it again, but the problem persists. I dare not plug my phone in and try to sync, for fear of temporarily bricking it.
    Anyone else have this problem? I'm at my wits end. :mad:

2. tatedesco1 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue as well. I posted about this issue in the forums before seeing your post. Have you had any luck solving this issue?

3. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

It's somehow fixed itself. Here's what I did(YMMV):

I remembered that I had a custom iTunes icon installed when I was on Mavericks, that didn't get touched by the new iTunes & Yosemite installation.
    The crashing problem persisted, even after downloading iTunes and re-installing it, so I removed the custom iTunes icon, set it back to the default, reinstalled iTunes once more, and suddenly the issue has fixed itself! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Dameatball macrumors member

Dameatball

Having the same issue (not icon related). Tried everything, to no avail. The odd thing is it didn't occur until I bought the iPhone 6. Did you ever come up with a solution?

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Does crash happen when you are not connected to network/internet?

6. Dameatball macrumors member

Dameatball

No, only when I'm connected to the net. I've uninstalled itunes app and folder, tried itunes 11. No luck, it's driving me crazy.

7. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

So which network based services are you using in iTunes, podcasts, match, cloud services, streaming? Turn them all off. Then turn them on one by one until you find the culprit. There's probably a thread on fixing whatever your particular issue turns out to be right here, or over at Apple Support.

8. Dameatball macrumors member

Dameatball

cloud, podcasts and I have some albums I purchased from itunes. That's interesting that you say that. I grabbed a program that helps identify issues in itunes. It kept telling me I had itunes match on- even though I didnt, nor do I pay for match.

Ill definitely try your suggestion and report back. Thanks a lot for the help.