Itunes 12 will not import a mp4 file

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by comda, Jun 26, 2016.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings!

Ive never had an issue adding music and videos to my i devices. Despite HATING apples way of doing it. Cant be as simple as dragging to the device i have to "sync it" but fine. Anyways. After updating to itunes 12 as i now updated my iphone to ios 9 i tried adding in a few mp4 files and itunes does absolutely nothing. I go to file>Add File to Library...>select the mp4 and then nothing happens.

These films are DVD movies that ive used DVD decryptor to rip them then use Handbrake to Compress them. Both mp4 files work and ive opened them in VLC no issues.

I am running this on a PC as my PC system is far more beefier then my current mac. So friendly FYI im running Windows 7 On a Nice Dual Xeon Dell Precision T5400. Any help and or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Try using the .m4v extension? I hated Apple's way of doing things enough that I moved to Android-land. However, IIRC, iTunes was picky about those extensions. You might try using Handbrake to make several quick, low quality, files in different formats, and see which iTunes will accept.