itunes 3 - no stations showing under radio

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by adamj575, Mar 4, 2013.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

Please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum but I just restored and set up a MDD with the original Jaguar disc just to play around with...It wont be used for much but one purpose I had in mind was to use itunes to stream radio...only nothing shows up when I click radio...It has been ages since I tried to use this feature but I do remember there being plenty of stations built in to choose from...oh, and its itunes 3 btw...

2. MacinDan macrumors regular

The links on the radio stations are outdated. You'll have to manually enter stations yourself, unless you can update to Tiger and install iTunes 9.2.1. The built-in stations on that still work.

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

Gotcha...thanks man...I may just do that...I kinda wanted to run jaguar just to see what these things were like when they first came out...oh well...

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

If you have another computer with iTunes, you can get the addresses of the radio stations by choosing them in the radio station list, hitting get info, and typing in the address on the other computer. I believe that .aac didn't work, but I am going from memory from when I had a G3 hooked up to the interwebs a few months ago.

5. eyoungren, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I will save you the trouble so that you don't waste your time. I was on Jag (Edit: Panther) from Feb. 2005 to about March 2009. There's only one word to describe that experience and the word is BORING!

Jaguar (Edit: Panther) is a major snoozefest. It's stable, which is awesome and at the time there were a lot of apps for it. But everything has moved on and it's hard to find stuff for it now.

But as far as standing out with any features other than just being plain vanilla dependable – nope, can't recall any.

6. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I was barely alive when Jaguar came out, but from what I heard, compared to Tiger, even the stability isn't that great.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Oops. I need to get my cats straight. When I was talking stability I meant Panther and not Jag. :eek:

Jaguar, however, was a step up from 10.1. First true networking with a Windows environment. And wasn't stable.

I need to get my eyes checked. Sorry guys. :eek:

8. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

Yeah I know all the problems with jaguar....my first Mac had tiger on it and I've grown from there....kinda neat in my book to play around with these old operating systems....I know it's crap compared to today's standards....but if you find a specific task and assign it to some of these old machines they can still be quite useful...for my jaguar machine I expect nothing from it except playing with old apps...light web browsing and hopefully streaming some kind of radio while I get dressed in the morning...oh and possibly being used as an emulator to play nes games for me and my 5 year old son...if you ask me that's still a pretty serviceable machine and os....just wouldn't use it as my main system....of course this is coming from a guy that really, really wants a chromebook pixel....when I find something that suits my niche needs/wants I go of it....

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I get it. I've got a Mac running Tiger at work with 128mb ram. It serves as an Applescript server. Before that, it was a 7200/233 running OS9.2.1 with a 4GB hd and 48mb ram.

You might find web browsing a little restricted (Firefox 1 or 2) but you should be able to get what you're looking for.