iTunes -35 error when attempting to backup iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RobbieL, Jun 6, 2010.

1. RobbieL macrumors member

Hey guys/gals,

Been having this issue for a while now, but it's really starting to get to my as I haven't been able to take a backup of my iPhone for a good few months.

Whenever I sync my iPhone, it never backs up. I'll see the backup progress bar a split second, then it'll just sync. When I check in the iTunes preferences when the last backup was taken, it was months ago.

When I attempt to manually back up by right clicking on my iPhone in iTunes, I actually get an (-35) error. All it says is it was unable t backup my iPhone.

Google is usually my friend, but it comes up short on this issue. I've tried the usual ... restart my mac; uninstall/reinstall iTunes; use a different USB port; use a different USB cable ... but nadda'.

Hoping you guys maybe able to shed a little more light on the issue. It's driving me nuts! :)

2. sman113 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem on a 3G updated to 4.0, although i was having the problem while i was on 3.1.2.

I get the following error: "iTunes could not back up the iPhone ... because an unknown error occurred (0x038A4008)"

any help would be appreciated.