Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
MacRumors: Forums
Anyone has the new iTunes 5.0.1? I am hoping that the new version has the improved GUI. Switched back to 4.9 after installing 5.0 :D (just simply can't accept the interface)

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
fayans said:
Anyone has the new iTunes 5.0.1? I am hoping that the new version has the improved GUI. Switched back to 4.9 after installing 5.0 :D (just simply can't accept the interface)

Yeah, nothing visibly different here. It's still thin and gucky.

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
I think I'll wait for more of an apple design than that of window (i think apple is courting more window users for its iTunes & iPod).

Me? No way to switch to 5.0 so long the old ones still work fine.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
fayans said:
I think I'll wait for more of an apple design than that of window (i think apple is courting more window users for its iTunes & iPod).

Me? No way to switch to 5.0 so long the old ones still work fine.

Fair enough. But I can't see Apple reverting back to the old iTunes style - however a compromise similar to Mail would be nice. You realise you can change the colour of iTunes 5.0, right?

Of course, you realise that eventually they'll force you to update anyway assuming you use iTunes for iPod and/or iTMS. They won't continue to support 4.9 unfortunately. Nevertheless, that's a while off. :)

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
mad jew said:
Fair enough. But I can't see Apple reverting back to the old iTunes style - however a compromise similar to Mail would be nice. You realise you can change the colour of iTunes 5.0, right?
Just realised!
mad jew said:
Of course, you realise that eventually they'll force you to update anyway assuming you use iTunes for iPod and/or iTMS. They won't continue to support 4.9 unfortunately. Nevertheless, that's a while off. :)
Till they force me to update and hopefully 5.0.2 version would have a proper round corners :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.