iTunes - 5 free songs from Amex

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by YMark, Feb 8, 2011.

1. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

5 FREE Songs from iTunes via AMEX

http://amexnetwork.com/iTunes

Terms & conditions:

To be eligible to receive the statement credit, you must register any valid U.S. American Express® Consumer Card or Business Card from American Express OPEN at amexnetwork.com/iTunes and use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes® between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing periods to post to your account. Limit one statement credit per registered Card regardless of the number of transactions made. If your registered Card is replaced, you must re-enroll the replacement Card prior to making the iTunes purchase to get the statement credit. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details.

2. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

You serious? You post this, and send people to a site where you're immediately asked to enter a name and card #? lol...wow...

3. nOw2 macrumors regular

I thought this was obvious phishing at first, however:

amexnetwork.com is registered to American Express.
    It is showing a valid extended SSL certificate.
    You can browse the amexnetwork.com from the offers link within AmericanExpress.com.

However I can't then find the iTunes offer within the site. The gut feeling is, naturally, to stay well away

4. ATLJacket macrumors newbie

I noticed the valid purchase period doesn't begin until 2/10/11 so perhaps it will be linked from americanexpress.com and amexnetwork.com once the promotion goes live?

5. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

I can understand you being leery, however it is legit. It is an offer by American Express that has been checked out.

6. crapbag8, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011

crapbag8 macrumors member

7. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

AmEx does these kinds of promotions all the time--you should be able to find the offer if you log into your account. I just logged into my account and there it was--5 free songs. No link needed to be posted here since you need an account to get the offer anyway. :)

8. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Got this directly from Amex, definitely not phishing. He/she was just trying to pass it along.

I signed up, but I have $60+ credit and can't use my Amex for anything until I use that. FML.