Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I'm trying to move several songs from 5 albums I bought on my copy of iTunes 11 on my laptop into my library on my iMac G3. I'm running 6.0.5.

Everytime I try to import more than 5 songs it closes and Mac OS X issues an "iTunes has unexpectedly quit" message. Then, when I re-open iTunes, the songs that I imported are no longer there. I can play the songs and iTunes will add them, but up until the 5th song, it crashes.

I can try importing the song through "File" and then I can try and import songs that way, but it still crashes.

Can someone please help?

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Try adding 3 or so songs at a time and then exit and restart iTunes on your G3.

Okay, I did that, but after I tried to add the 11th song (it doesn't matter what song) it will crash. No matter the method of adding songs I tried it still crashed. Even after restarting the computer.

These audio files are all M4A files. Could this have something to do with it? I've never had trouble with iTunes 6.0.5 and playing or copying these files (or even M4P) before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.