Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
Playing with itunes 6,

While it was loading the thumbnails for my videos i clicked on another source and now i'm left with a load of videos with no thumbnail :eek:

Anyone else had this and found a fix?

I've tried relaunching itunes and changing the view, short of adding another video or deleting the videos i already have i'm stumped :rolleyes:

Attachments

• thumbs.jpg
    thumbs.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 170

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I have that same issue. I think it is just the start of the video is black so thats what it shows...just my guess, but it would be nice if there is a way to fix it.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Just start playing the video that doesn't show any icon preview.
If that doesn't help then quite and relaunch iTunes and try that again, it has worked for me.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
beige matchbox said:
Ah ha :D

Get the movie playing, scroll to the frame you want to use as the thumbnail and ctrl+click on video and select set poster frame :D
Hey that is even cooler, custom icon previous. :D

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I imported several of my own videos into iTunes and did the "set poster frame" thing on them. On most of them it set, but on a few, it refuses to set the frame. I can't manually add my own art in the info box either. The ones it won't let me thumbnail are .mpegs, but I dont think it's a file format issue as I have other mpegs that tagged fine. Anyone know what's up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.