Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whyapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Can anyone help?

Every time I launch itunes and go to play from the party shuffle tab, instead of seeing my last 10 songs played next 10 coming as that is the number I have specified, I now only get what appears to be my top rated songs appearing - about 100 of them with 5 and 4 stars in alphabetical order.

No matter what i try ,,Prefs, Playback options, I cannot get the normal shuffle screen to appear as it was 2 days ago -any ideas why this has changed and how I can revert?

Whyapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Could I somehow download Itunes 7.1.1 again to re-install the shuffle facility, without disturbing or losing my I tunes as it is?

I'm baffled as to why the shuffle facility has turned itself into a copy of 'my top rated' & there doesn't seem to be a simple fix!:mad:

Whyapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
RESOLVED:)

Just highlight all the songs sitting in 'Party Shuffle' and delete.

The Party Shuffle then resets itself with the new in this case 10 random songs coming up, and then aftre the 1st has played, as usual the next one (10th upcoming) appears at the bottom!

Phew! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.