iTunes 7.2 Bugs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mykbibby, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Mykbibby macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

Well here's my story... I was on Macrumors, and a new article popped up saying iTunes 7.2 w/ DRM Free tracks was now available. I was so excited to check it out, I downloaded it immediately. It was the stupidest thing I ever did. iTunes 7.2 is by far the worst update Apple has ever offered, for anything. This product is so unlike Apple! I'll name a few of the glitches...

1. When searching, artists such as Carrie Underwood will show no results

2. When clicking on items such as "Top Songs", the window doesn't change, but it says you're in Top Songs when your not.

3. When searching, you can't see the track names, only the albums!

And the worst of all...

4. When iTunes opens in the Music Player, you can't get out! Even when selecting other playlists, the playlists appear in blue, but you still see the music store. Nothing you click can take you out of it!

Now I have no idea how Apple could release such a poor product! I mean it's Apple! They're infallable! I'm confused, and very, very disappointed in my friends in Silicon. Is anyone else that downloaded 7.2 having these problems? Does anyone know what to do? And if not, is there a way to go back to version 7.1.1?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I've not had any of those problems with iTunes 7.2 Are you running any haxies like UNO? UNO stuffed up iTunes 7.1 for me with some similar problems.

3. todd2000 macrumors 68000

No problems here, just tried everything you said and they all worked fine

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

A number of glitches with the iTunes Store, like timeouts, were reported the first day, when the store was under a very heavy load, but I have not seen these type of problems reported. These do not happen to me either.

It doesn't seem likely that you could have a "broken" copy of iTunes (although you could re-download it and reinstall it just to see), so I can't explain your symptoms. Do you have another computer (either a Mac or a PC) to try it on? That would let you see if iTunes has a bug on all computers vs. something is wrong on the particular computer you are using it on.

5. Coogi21 macrumors newbie

since i updatet to the new version my itunes is badly slow,especialy connecting within the store when i click at an artists album it has way too long to connect to it....:confused:

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'd still guess that this is because the iTunes Store has been slow this week, not because your copy of iTunes is slow.

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Complete my album won't work for me. It's pretty annoying.

8. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    i-tunes 7.2

Don't blame Apple. Since my last /latest Windoze:mad: update I was unable to install i tunes updates. Fed up I backed up every drop of music, and deleted (using add/remove applet) i tunes and itunes update, re-installed/uninstalled it at least 6 times including registry edits, it wasn't until I installed the latest Quicktime player,seperately,(not the one that comes with i-tunes) then re-install i-tunes was I able to get i-tunes 7.2 to work:) This is only on the Intel P-4 machine this was happening. The AMD Athlon never had a problem with updates to i-Tunes/XP. Both machines run XP Pro.
    co-inkydink?? dunno, but im not putting the latest XP update on the AMD machine

9. yagran macrumors 6502a

this sounds pretty unique and more likely YOUR problem not the update

10. kazpa macrumors newbie

kazpa

Also, you should have added that itunes 7.2 doesn't transfer all yuor music to your ipod. Atleast for me, it doesn't.

11. flynbo macrumors newbie

AS you will see from the new topic I just posted, iTunes 7.2 crashes whenever I attempt to sync my 80gb 5th gen iPod :eek: ... Bloody annoying. Anyone else having this problem, and if so how do I sort it? Might it be a good idea to get a hold of a earlier version of itunes, and if so, where the devil from?? Thanks guys!

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You may wish to see if this describes the problem you have.

For the record, iTunes 7.2 (on two 10.4.9 macs), 3G / 15GB iPod, no issues on any front that I've seen yet. :)