iTunes 7.2, Mac, cd import problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by icsedge1, Jun 3, 2007.

1. icsedge1 macrumors member

icsedge1

hey gang...

all right...i recently killed my iTunes library (on accident, while running iTunes 7.1) and started the process of reloading all my cds (importing). everything seemed to work fine when using 7.1

Since installing 7.2, i have this importing problem: random tracks (these are all production cds, not burned) do not import properly and show up as 'Not Available' under the TIME view and 'Unknown' in the bit rate column. some of the tracks work, some don't. some cds import all the tracks just fine. sometimes i can re-import the tracks that did not work and they will take, sometimes not. these cds are not dirty or scratched. i am trying to import them as AAC files.

if i use the AIFF encoder the cds all seem to import properly. of course, those are way too big when AAC files sound fine to me.

i am on an iMac G5 with the SuperDrive. it imports the tracks at around 11-15x.

anyone else having this problem? i am temped to try and go back to 7.1 if this is something unique to me. i have a lot of cds left to add!

TIA,
    Sedge

2. kazpa macrumors newbie

kazpa

itunes 7.2 sucks. I am having a similar problem to yours, my itunes won't let me put all my music on my ipod. About 200 songs are missing, cause itunes is recognizing my ipod as a third party device. I reset my entire computer. I am now using itunes 6.0.2. i consolidated everything first tho.