Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yep...7.3.1. Along with QuickTime 7.2.

About iTunes 7.3.1 for Mac
With iTunes 7.3, you can now activate iPhone service and sync it with your music, TV shows, movies and more. Also, you can now wirelessly share and enjoy your favorite digital photos from any computer in your home with Apple TV.

iTunes 7.3.1 addresses a minor problem with iTunes 7.3 accessing the iTunes Library.

About QuickTime 7.2 for Mac
QuickTime 7.2 addresses critical security issues and delivers:
- Support for full screen viewing in QuickTime Player
- Updates to the H.264 codec
- Numerous bug fixes

This release is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
running software update gave me an update to quicktime to 7.2 but no itunes 7.3.1. maybe it'll show after the quicktime update.

*edit*
doh, beaten by the cowboy. too quick for me.

appie57

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
Netherlands
Software Update

Just installed Quicktime 7.2 and iTunes 7.3.1 through Software Update. Long reboot, all seems well.:)

Oops. beaten by 3 minutes.

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
Niceness! You no longer need QT Pro for full screen. We already knew this would be unlocked in Leopard but it's nice to know Tiger has this feature as well. This has been long overdue.

cah87

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
just updated and synced my iphone. Nothing new as of yet. no ringtones no new features BOOOO

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
If anyone has not updated yet - when you do please watch the install window alerts - I caught the last one that said:

"Installing Apple Mobile Device Support"

??? Dont know what it is

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
iTunes 7.3.1, Quicktime 7.2 Released

Apple has released a minor update to its iTunes software. According to Apple, "iTunes 7.3.1 addresses a minor problem with iTunes 7.3 accessing the iTunes Library." The update can be downloaded from Apple's website for Mac or PC, or via Software Update.

Apple also released Quicktime 7.2, which addresses critical security issues and delivers:
- Support for full screen viewing in QuickTime Player
- Updates to the H.264 codec
- Numerous bug fixes
The update can be downloaded from Apple's website for Mac or PC, or via Software Update. More information regarding the security fixes can be found here.

Article Link

Ampidire

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
WA
If anyone has not updated yet - when you do please watch the install window alerts - I caught the last one that said:

"Installing Apple Mobile Device Support"

??? Dont know what it is

It's the syncing features of the iPhone, it was introduced in 7.3

skwert

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2006
am i the only one curious as to what "critical security issues" there could be in quicktime?

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
Am I reading that right? Full screen support for the non-pro Quicktime player? Finally!

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
it's About time!!

it has been about time QuickTime got full screen support... i never realized it didn't unless you got the Pro version. For some reason my MBP came with the Pro version installed. When get my new Mac (only God knows when i will) i will be glad to still have full screen support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.