iTunes 7.3, any reason to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SeaFox, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SeaFox macrumors 68020

SeaFox

I have 7.2 now. I don't have an iPhone or an AppleTV. Is there any reason at all for someone to get this version if they don't have any other Apple entertainment gadgets?

Were there any new features for people using normal iPods or playing music on their PCs? Any bug fixes?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There are a few subtle things... some issues with Coverflow (mostly related to Macbooks) were resolved; there are a few changes in the preferences; artists whose names start in numbers (2Pac, etc) now go to the end of the sort order instead of the beginning, both on your iPod and your iTunes, for mysterious reasons. There are some reports of weird permissions issues where the library files don't get along with iTunes, but it's not clear how many people this affects or why (it did not affect either of my Macs).

I have not seen any reports that there are major bug / crash fixes, security issues, or the like that would push you towards upgrading right now.

I'd say that if you have a Mac affected by coverflow blurriness, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, there's no huge danger in waiting.

You can see some details here:

http://backstage.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/10561/

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I fine 7.3 very annoying. I am someone who uses the browse feature a lot, I'll pick an album and set it to shuffle and from time to time go browse the iTunes store or my other playlists. In 7.3 as soon as you click away from the main library iTunes forgets where your browse is pointed and defaults back to viewing the entire library, so now instead of shuffling the album I want it's shuffling the entire library.

Hope they fix this in 7.3.1