iTunes 7.3 Won't open

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SkyBell, Jun 29, 2007.

1. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I downloaded and installed 7.3, and when ever I click it on the dock, the little black bar appears for a second and then disappears. I have tried uninstalling and reinsatlling, but it didn't help. What can I do?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you tried the basics? Can you open it from another user account? Do you have any theme changers installed? How 'bout some iTunes plugins; any of 'em?

3. SkyBell thread starter macrumors 604

SkyBell

I do have a theme installed and a plugin. I can get rid of the theme but what do I do about the plugin?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well what's the name of the theme and what's the name of the plugin? Hopefully you'll just have to download an updated version from their vendor(s), if they're the source of the problem. Try the new user account first though. :)

5. SkyBell thread starter macrumors 604

SkyBell

Thanks, removing the theme and downloading the updated plugin worked. :)

6. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

The Apple discussion forum users have noted that shapeshifter causes this activity. Add iTunes to your exclude list if you are using it.

I am having a very similar problem, but it stays open in my case. The triangle never goes away and it cannot be force quit. I have to kill the logindaemon to force a logout for it to quit.

Any ideas there? I know it's not the same thing, but I didn't want to start another "won't load" thread.