iTunes 7.4.2 doesn't accept artwork?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBoobsPro, Oct 8, 2007.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Since upgrading to iTunes 7.4.2 movies no longer accept artwork. I just get the SPOD and have to force quit. Sometimes if you press 'Ok' quickly after dragging and dropping artwork it accepts the artwork but it appears as solid black. Then if you try to play the movie it acts very strangely by either not playing or playing just solid black.

Any body else have this problem?

I haven't changed anything within iTunes just simply updated. Even previous movies that accepted artwork before now don't accept artwork. Music however does accept artwork. It doesn't matter how I try to add the artwork (via info screen or drag and drop in bottom left) the same problem occurs.

I have also had to re-encode some movies because they have ended up corrupt from trying to add artwork.

Any info would be appreciated. Even a way to add artwork to an MP4 before placing it in iTunes. Can Lostify do this?

2. CortexRock macrumors 6502

I've seen this issue too. Only seems to affect Movies and TV Shows - very frustrating!

I wonder if there is an optimum setting (pixel size and resolution) for Coverflow images?