iTunes 7.4.2 problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 10th Wonder, Sep 25, 2007.

1. 10th Wonder macrumors regular

This is just recent happened to me and I am not sure if any other MR people on here has experienced it. I was adding some music and my iTunes loaded the music into my library. Then all over sudden it decided to just crash, I didn't think nothing of it. Tried to reopen it crashed, crashed, and crashed. I started panicing so i restarted the computer, but that is when i released what happened.

I didn't notice this small problem until my album artwork slide show screen saver started.Somehow or way my iTunes has lost all over its Album artwork in it's folders, BUT.... it's still there on the albums and so forth. So what is the deal? I scanned for viruses i came up with none and I verified the DISK and reparied it everything was okie. But right as I was scanning for viruses the 1st time the whole OSX crashed. Which was the reason see if the HFS Volume 1 had problems but it did not. So has anyone experienced this problem yet? Or is it telling me I should move on and get me a new Mac soon?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Why are you scanning for viruses in OS X?
    What are you using to scan?

3. 10th Wonder thread starter macrumors regular

Sometimes I get windows viruses from time to time but no real worries here, it's just a pre-caution for me. I used Norton Anti-Virus app. Also when I try to check my itunes artwork screen saver it says that no album artwork is on any of the songs..

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Norton for OS X?

Norton does not play nicely with OS X at all. It causes all sorts of problems.

5. 10th Wonder thread starter macrumors regular

Then what's a good virsus scanner? But what's the deal with my iTunes artwork though bartelby? I mean there is artwork on all my songs and albums but my screen savers says different?

6. bartelby macrumors Core

I'm going to be completely useless now and say I have no idea for either question:eek:

7. bartelby macrumors Core

I've just been looking at the Apple Discussions about your problem.

Here's one of the posts there:

8. 10th Wonder thread starter macrumors regular

well, all my artwork is attached to the songs and albums. But the iTunes screen saver is saying different, it's like it was deleted but it's still there. But i have no clue what he is talking about or even how to do that.