iTunes 7.4 + iPod Classic

Discussion in 'iPod' started by evanrousso, Sep 9, 2007.

1. evanrousso macrumors 6502

I bought an 80gb iPod Classic yesterday and as I am using it with iTunes 7.4.1 I am noticing that this new combination of iTunes and iPod is bombing my RAM and everytime I plug up the iPod i get the beachball on and off as it is syncing. My videos are freezing and I am not able to open up new files.

For reference I am running on an iMac 2ghz core 2 duo with 2gb of RAM. I feel this is a powerful machine and should be able to run iTunes smoothly. Has anybody else had this problem?

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

:(

If this is the case then I am in trouble when my ipod touch comes lol.

3. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

That's odd. Have you tried plugging your old iPod in (your sig says you have a 5G)? At least that way you could narrow it down as to whether its the iPod or the new iTunes version.

4. evanrousso thread starter macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure it is an iTunes problem, I am beachballing even when I am open iTunes before I even connect my iPod.

5. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

You could try whacking some plists and seeing if that helps at all.

Just type rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.itunes* (Make sure iTunes isn't running) at a Terminal prompt.

Otherwise, you may try this:

Make another user account on your Mac. First, try to add a selection of your music (couple albums or something) to iTunes on this new account. If there's still no slowness, try bringing ALL of your music in.