Itunes 7.6 fails to install on Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chickenselects, Jul 4, 2008.

1. chickenselects macrumors newbie

iTunes 7.6 always quits unexpectedly on Vista Business 64-bit during install. I can load up the program but then it complains and tells me I must install the 64-bit version to sync my ipod touch (I am installing the 64bit version). Also, I tried to install the 32bit just for the hell of it and it installs with no issues but I obviously can't sync my ipod still. Anyone have this issue or know of a work around? Am I stuck hoping 7.7 works?

Thanks!

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/533/15851770ye8.jpg

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Whats ur computer? PC or Mac. If you're using bootcamp via mac, 64-bit is unadvised. and for ur problem, try reinstalling itunes. remove it via add or remove programs option under control panel. and reinstall it again. if you can, stay away from 64-bit, as 99% apps are all 32-bit, which causes problems with 64-bit. :)

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I thought iTunes doesn't work on vista 64-bit. At least it didn't. Did they ever come out with the 64-bit version?

4. chickenselects thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies all. It's a windows PC and when trying to uninstall itunes it fails so I have to use the windows installer repair tool to remove itunes. I'm a big PC gamer and do some video/audio encoding haven't had a single issue running 64-bit until now..

7.6 is the first version to support 64-bit windows and I have several friends running the same OS with everything working.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Yes, Apple finely started offering a 64-bit Vista version in 7.5. It's the only way to use an iPhone with 64-bit Windows.