iTunes 7.6 & QT 7.4 causing problems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skp574, Jan 17, 2008.

1. skp574 macrumors 6502

Is anyone experiencing problems with their MBP since the iTunes and Quicktime updates?

Since the updates my mouse pointer is now jerky after waking from sleep, only a restart clears it.

iTunes persistently asked for Internet access, but solved that by removing iTunes in the firewall list and restarting the app.

Come on 10.5.2!

2. writeous macrumors regular

I was having this problem off and on before the install, but after it, it seems to happen everytime I put it to sleep (jagged cursor movements). Also since the install, it takes about 5 minutes for my MBP to wake up.

3. kirbyko3 macrumors newbie

Many users (including those of us still with 10.4.11) can't even log in to iTunes after doing the updates last week. iTunes Tech Support (via email) has actually acknowledged that there's a larger problem, and one that they're bringing in outside support to help fix -- can you believe? Apple acknowledging that there's a problem? People can't log in to iTunes, can't update iPhones, iPod Touches, can't rent movies... it's pretty bad.

Check out the discussion forums at www.apple.com/support/itunes/store and you'll see the (literally) thousands of frustrated users looking for a resolution.

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I've been getting a lot of hangs and beachballs with 7.6, yeah.

5. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Yea more times than ever, I have been getting stuttering and momentary stops since the update.
    I thought that it might be because my media files being viewed under quicklook view have finally been too much and have begun to drag my computer down but looks like I can finally blame something else :)

EDIT: also has anyone else noticed that once in a grey while, itunes will just stop the song thats currently playing? No user interaction really, sometimes, itunes seems to have just stopped the song in play and switching to itunes, hitting play again, and itunes resumes playing like normal. /discuss

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

I've been having a heck of a lot of problems with 7.6. First, when I quit it, it still shows a blue dot under the itunes icon, and the window remains on my screen, until I click on it. Then both the window and the blue dot disappear. Also, if change my audio output to my Pro Tools rig, iTunes won't play through it like it used to, and then when I close everything out and relaunch iTunes it won't play any audio at all! I have to restart. Lame.

Plus, I've had problems with iTunes and Quicktime playing back audio out of sync with video on movies that I know are encoded correctly and played correctly in the past. Very annoying.

7. Steel Wheels macrumors member

Steel Wheels

I haven't experienced any problems with 7.6 yet (just lucky I guess). I did notice they fixed that wacky bitrate issue. AAC music files encoded with 7.5 had varying bitrates despite selecting the CBR encode option.

8. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I haven't had any problems with iTunes or QuickTime at all, no beach balls or anything of that nature.