iTunes 7.7.1 updated all my apps to older versions

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SailorMike, Jul 30, 2008.

1. SailorMike macrumors member

After installing the new iTunes, it showed that all my apps (40) needed updating. I knew that was incorrect, but figured it was some kind of sync that needed to be done on the new version of iTunes.

I went ahead and hit update (w/o iPhone connected) and now my apps in iTunes show all the 1.0 versions. No way am I going to sync my phone until this clusterfu** is fixed.

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Did you have a custom location for the apps folder ? Or alter the folder before updating ?

3. SailorMike thread starter macrumors member

Nope. Just the tab for apps under library in iTunes.

I just tried downloading the newer version of Sportstap (1.1) as a test and it still shows as 1.0 on my original version in iTunes.

4. rysmtihaz macrumors member

Buggy is an understatement

Same thing happened here. I've downloaded the updated version of AOL three times and it's never shown anything but 1.0 so I will continue to realize that the updating function is a cluster f. Updates pop up on my phone and not in iTunes. when updating more than 3 apps on the phone is basically bricks it and requires a minimum of 10 hard resets before getting off of the Apple logo.

5. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Same here. This is such an unreliable mess. Sometimes, I miss my treo.

6. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

i'm having the same issue. i finally got all of my apps to update to the right version number, but AIM will not move from 1.0.