iTunes 7.7 does not recognize my iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by simplegray, Jul 10, 2008.

1. simplegray macrumors newbie

I have just updated to iTunes 7.7 and now my iPhone (never been hacked) won't be recognized by the program. I see the app store and even downloaded a few apps but I can't put them on my iPhone because the phone isn't recognized?

Please give me your suggestions.

Thank you.

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

3. simplegray thread starter macrumors newbie

tried rebooting mac. tried rebooting iphone. a combination of the both.

4. simplegray thread starter macrumors newbie

itunes still not regocnizing phone.

i still need some help

5. jruc4871 macrumors regular

same problem here...

I just installed 7.7. I'm running Tiger on a 1.25 PPC with 1GB of RAM.

My iPhone is virginal - no jailbreaks or hacks ever.

iTunes is fine until you plug the iPhone in. All I'm getting is a beach ball....

6. fordyingseasons macrumors newbie

AHHHH! Me too! It makes me so angrrryyyyy :mad:
    I'm running 10.5.4 on a Macbook 2 ghz w/ 1 gig of ram and itunes just locks up. If any one figures out a fix please post!

7. ashVID macrumors regular

Same prob here with PC. Worse for me as the phone installed 1.4, then gave me the "slide for emergency" and now iTunes wont see it. Looks like I am screwed for now.

ash =o)

8. OC513 macrumors 6502

same here

I'm having same issue on pc.....weird as it worked all day just fine and tonight as soon as I plug phone in iTunes locks up.....stranger still my wifes phone syncs fine??? We are both on firmware 2.0. Anyone finds a fix PLEASE post. I'm sooooo frustrated!

9. jon53851 macrumors newbie

I am having a similiar issue...

I installed iTunes 7.7.

I updated the iPhone firmware to version 2.0 ( It has not been jailbroken/ no hacks of any kind)

After the install... my iPhone says to connect to iTunes. When I do this, I see my iPhone show up with a blank screen on the right that just says iPhone. And it tries to connect to the iTunes store. After about a minute it says that it cannot connect to the itunes store.

I am running Windows Vista x64...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

10. 100baid macrumors newbie

Im getting the same problem. Tryed to unistall 7.7iTunes & reinstall 7.6iTunes, but Apple have screwed it up for all.

HELP HELP HELP.

Someone has to find the old itunes version 7.69 and then u will be able to unlock the phone. But when u reinstall 7.69 it says the iphone in not recoginzed by itunes. So I dont know what the hell to do :(

11. bjobes macrumors regular

7.7.043 dead in the water here now too. Yesterday it would stop and freeze at syncing contacts then bookmarks and now the darn phone wont even show up in itunes.

I've reset my 3g, reinstalled itunes and a reboot.:mad: