iTunes 7.7 does not resume downloads

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i.maverick, Jul 12, 2008.

1. i.maverick macrumors regular

i.maverick

i noticed it yesterday nite when i was downloading the 2.0 firmware. at about 50% complete, my ethernet showed an error and the whole thing went to 0.0 kb. at that time i thought maybe it happens so with the firmware download but the same thing is happening with podcast downloads. i know for a fact that resume used to work earlier. now, if the download is interrupted, it goes back to zero.
    is it just me? any of u had this happen to you? if some of you could try it and post your results..!!
    thanks!!

2. naman34 macrumors member

Yes!

Same problem. I live in India and don't get good broadband. I don't mind the longer wait so much, but because iTunes just won't resume my downloads its almost impossible for me to get anything.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are you really using iTunes 7.7 in late December, 2009?

4. uSheep macrumors newbie

Ditto

Well I'm using 9.0.3.1.5 and I STILL have this same problem.

On Apple Support I could only find a solution related to Purchased downloads, but not individual unsubscribed podcasts you clicked GET on or free iTunesU content. These still go back to zero with no option to resume only restart.

Is there a solution or maybe it's apt to start a new "Mac Rumor" that Apple is conserving bandwidth by discouraging resumes of free content they don't make money on? Especially 100MB+ files from folks in the "3rd world" with reliable but slow connections?