iTunes 7.7 will not sync with Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WCunha, Jul 15, 2008.

1. WCunha macrumors member

When I upgraded to 7.7 my calendar in Outlook will no longer sync my appointments to my iPod Touch. Same thing if I put an appointment in on my iPod it will not sync to Outlook.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks, Wade

2. thecypher macrumors regular

Same problem here. I never had an iPhone before. I just got the new 3G downloaded iTunes 7.7 and the Calendar simply does not sync with Outlook. It says syncing and takes a few mins and is done. But when I go into my iPhone the calendar is blank. Any solutions anyone?

3. kmbing macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I just bought my first iPhone, the G3, and downloaded iTunes 7.7. It syncs my contacts from Outlook 2003, but not my calendar. I found an article on Apple support about troubleshooting these kinds of syncing problems and tried everything in the article, but nothing works.

Help, anyone?

4. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

I got some calendar events synced, but some are missing. I cant tell why some are listed and some arent. seems kinda ramdom

5. kmbing macrumors newbie

My husband has the older iPhone and has always sync'd w/Outlook on an older version of iTunes with no problems. As soon as he downloaded the version 7.7 his iPhone would no longer sync contacts or calendar with Outlook. Could this just be a bug in version 7.7?

6. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Sure sounds like it with all you gusy describing it. Hopefully Apple knows about it and cares.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

One more to add to the list. First iPhone (3G), downloaded 7.7 and no calendar appointments. Contacts downloaded fine.

Also, have an iPod Touch that synced Calendar fine before 7.7, but now with the iTunes upgrade no more appointments.

Definitely something wrong from Apple's end.

8. bodhammer macrumors member

9. gbross macrumors member

Same problem here. Running Outlook 2003 on XP.

Calendars will not sync.

Contacts were syncing yesterday and early today. Then when I reset syncing history the contacts stopped syncing.

Didn't Apple test this?

See my other thread about this... has Apple acknowledged this bug?

10. gbross macrumors member

11. gbross macrumors member

12. bighd1340 macrumors newbie

Iphone still not syncing with Outlook 2003

I spent over 2 hours with on the phone with Apple yesterday with no luck. They don't want to admit there is a problem. I don't understand why they just say it won't sync now and let everyone know when it will instead of driving everyone crazy by trying to sync the stupid thing everytime you plug it in.

13. kmbing macrumors newbie

I have tried everything I can possibly think of and nothing works. Contacts sync (for now) but absolutely nothing comes across on my calendar (from Outlook 2003 to iPhone), even though while it's syncing it says it's syncing my calendar. What I don't get is why this seems to be happening to some of us, but not everyone.

Any help out there???

14. kmbing macrumors newbie

...and now my contacts have stopped syncing too. In fact, they're not just not syncing -- they've disappeared completely from my iPhone and won't sync from Outlook. And I keep getting this "Outlook SyncClient has encountered a problem" error message popping up about every 20 minutes.

Boy am I glad I bought an iPhone.

15. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Wait, are you saying the iPhone syncs, but the Touch doesn't? Or are you just saying that sarcastically and you're talking about the iPhone not syncing? (Sorry, I be confused :D )

This is all really bad, because I may need to get a new PDA-esque device soonish, but if this problem persists, the Touch would actually be worse for me than my fifth-gen iPod, which at least will more or less display my info from Palm Desktop.

EDIT: Have you guys updated to the newest versin of iTunes that just came out over the last day or two? 7.7.1? If not, does that fix anything when you update?

16. kmbing macrumors newbie

No, I'm being sarcastic. All these problems are with my iPhone. I don't have a Touch. I didn't know there's a 7.7.1 out, so I'll try updating and see what happens. Thanks!

17. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

How come all people having problems are newbies or members?

How come no long term MR users don't seem to have such "problem"?

19. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Not sure why "problems" is in quotes. I'd assume they're coming here to try to figure out what's wrong/get help.