iTunes 7 : Graphics lag

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
1,138
0
BXL
Hi,

I just installed iTunes 7 on my 1.42 1Gb mini.
I am experiencing major graphics lag...
whenever i click one of the view options, or even the scroll bars only a portion of the iTunes screen updates (sometimes nothing). I have to move the window in order for it to update.

This sucks.
Anybody else having this issue, or some hints other than repair permissions, update prebindings or reboot (did those)?

:mad:

edit - a screenshot...
 

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
716
0
Same thing with mine, though it might just be my slow system (667 G4) or that I'm also downloading a new movie (only 5 more hours!)
 

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
1,138
0
BXL
Bibulous said:
Same thing with mine, though it might just be my slow system (667 G4) or that I'm also downloading a new movie (only 5 more hours!)
This shouldn't be happening
iTunes 7 system requirements said:
iTunes*7 requires a Macintosh with a PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Core processor, at least 256MB of RAM, Mac*OS*X version 10.3.9 or later, plus QuickTime 7.1.3 or later for purchased videos.
 

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
3,615
58
I just grabbed iTunes 7 and I'm experiencing no lag… though I'm on a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo-equipped machine.

Check your Activity Monitor and see how much of your computer's resources are being used by iTunes.
 

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
1,138
0
BXL
...
strange

I just quit iTunes - (i was playing with little snitch)

Problem seems to be solved.

I'll post back when it happens again, hope I don't need to.

Edit: it started again - changed some "part of compilation" tags to try to understand the album browsing thing...
It could be iTunes doing some background stuff that causes this.

Edit2:
Mackilroy said:
I just grabbed iTunes 7 and I'm experiencing no lag… though I'm on a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo-equipped machine.

Check your Activity Monitor and see how much of your computer's resources are being used by iTunes.
I'm using menumeters and I see no hogging of CPU nor RAM. It does use more than previous versions from time to time
 

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
3,070
70
Is it getting album art or analyzing your tracks for gapless playback? These two inital things could cause it to lag the first time you run it.

Coverflow did back when it was a standalone app. When it was done it was fine.
 

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
1,138
0
BXL
decksnap said:
Is it getting album art or analyzing your tracks for gapless playback? These two inital things could cause it to lag the first time you run it.

Coverflow did back when it was a standalone app. When it was done it was fine.
That is indeed what I now think it is.
It's working fine again now :).
I like it.