Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dailo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Anyone install Itunes 7 successfully? I keep on getting Itunes cannot be opened due to an unknown error.. I've rebooted and repair permissions but still doesn't work.

dailo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Not working on my MBP. I already disabled all my apps that controls itunes to. Wierd...

dailo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Argh how frustrating. I deleted itunes and reinstalled 7 and it's still not working. Wonder what could be messing it up.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Maybe try creating another user account on your machine, then logging on as that account and see if you can get it to install. That'll help point towards a system problem or just something whacky with your account.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Mine was also doing that, but it stopped after a reboot. I think it was because I'd not rebooted since using Front Row a couple of days back.

dailo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I rebooted as well. But it apperas to be just my account acting up. Ill try rebooting again.

dailo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Any of you know what is tied to an account for itunes? I still can't get it to work on my account.

dailo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
finally got it working. Just had to open it by opening it by my library file instead of opening it by Itunes.app. Wierd stuff, everything works now at least.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
My source list icons are different to everyone elses - I have loads of iPod Mini's representing playlists.

My repeat and shuffle buttons are also really distorted and out of shape.

I've rebooted and repaired permissions.

If anyone has any idea whats going on, please PM me. :)

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
dailo said:
Anyone install Itunes 7 successfully? I keep on getting Itunes cannot be opened due to an unknown error.. I've rebooted and repair permissions but still doesn't work.

Worked great for me. Attached my iPod video and updated the firmware OK. iTunes then scanned my iPod to check for any instances where the 2-second delay between tracks could be removed. Purchased a couple of games and installed OK. Downloaded some album artwork. Everything seems to be working as advertised.

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
I have to have the reactions of a mongoose and cancel the gapless playback scan at the start, crashes iTunes every single time if i let it continue, tried everything, permissions, reinstall etc.. not found a way to fix it.

If its hitting a dodgy track it should ignore it, not bring the whole app down with it! very frustrating.

Any way to tell it not to do the gapless scan? i can't find one..

edit: this is on a 1.83 MBP.

mac4drew

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2003
California
Malcster said:
I have to have the reactions of a mongoose and cancel the gapless playback scan at the start, crashes iTunes every single time if i let it continue, tried everything, permissions, reinstall etc.. not found a way to fix it.

If its hitting a dodgy track it should ignore it, not bring the whole app down with it! very frustrating.

Any way to tell it not to do the gapless scan? i can't find one..

edit: this is on a 1.83 MBP.

Same problem happening on my crappy old G4 400... I agree that it should either ignore bad tracks or tell the user about them. Pretty much worst bug ever except for that cool one that erased your hard drive a few years back.

bdzizzle

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2006
Line through album art

I've got a weird problem that no one else seems to have. I installed iTunes 7, no problems, but with my coverflow viewing I have a see-through diagonal line on my album art, whether it's the blank or downloaded art (see pic). It's as if the texture map has an error. I tried fixing via the installer, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing works. I even tried adjusting graphic/display settings.

Help?

My machine:
XP Home (fully updated)
x86 1.99 MHz
512 MB RAM
Mobility Radeon 7500, 32 MB

P.S. The art in the grouped-view, info page, and video viewer are fine.

Attachments

• coverflow.jpg
    coverflow.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 66

BKF

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Downloaded and installed just fine for me, but I just tried—am still trying—to sync with my nigh antique first-gen iPod—How many are still out there, I wonder?—and the two are not getting along. Gets about halfway there and then grinds to a dead halt. Have restored the iPod, twice, but still nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.