iTunes 7 skips!

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
My iTunes skips songs in the middle before they end. It's really annoying because I only get 2/3 through the song. But it's only with some of my songs! And another thing, how do I set the gap? It automatically jumps to the next song w/out gap.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Are the songs skipping if you play them in QuickTime? If you Get Info on a song (COMMAND-I or the File menu), you can select when the track finishes in the Options pane. You can also select whether the song is part of a Gapless Album here. In addition, you may want to uncheck your Crossfade settings in the Playback pane of iTunes Preferences if you're not happy with the songs overlapping. :)

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I'll try Quicktime right now. They used to be okay in iTunes. I've checked the info on the songs, didn't see a gapless checkbox. By the way, they skip in the middle of the songs, so that rules out gapless issues, right?
Crossfade is off. I'll be posting quicktime results soon.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Start & finish times are okay, it plays in Quicktime flawlessly. I'll try reinstalling iTunes later today when I have the time.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Reinstalled iTunes quite some time ago, everything was fine, the problem stopped occurring. Now, there was one song (same artist as the original song with which I had the problem) that kept skipping at 0:15 (time left). When I skipped to that point or a point beyond that time, it kept going to the next song. I am puzzled.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I don't know what song had the problem in the first place, but I know it's the same artist as the one now. I will try converting it and keep looking for other songs that have the problem.

EDIT - second song, same artist, same problem.