Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Well I searched the forums and only came acoss one other person with this problem but no real solution, As I am speaking iTunes is randomly starting up.. not running or playing or downloading... but just randomly starting up... As soon as I quit it starts back up... actually getting worse now. I opened up the force quit dialog and nothing but Safari, iMovie and Finder are running

Im on a MBP 2Ghz~ 1gb ram

All i am doing is posting this and converting an mp4 clip to DV... thats it any ideas on what it could be?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Do you have any iTunes-related widgets open? They are notorious for causing this.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
none other than the one from apple themselves.. But I went ahead and closed that widget.. imma shower and get back and see if it turns on its own :(

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Problem was I wasnt "using" dashboard as it wasnt up... Only thing i can figure whenever I checked it a song title was on the widget instead of "Itunes not Open" and my apple remote was in my pocket.. but it seems to have stopped now

Thank you!

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
The iTunes widget never starts up iTunes randomly, but whenever I use QT Pro to convert from .avi to .mov, it randomly starts up.:confused:

Also, is there a way to rip DVD's directly into iTunes, or will I have to get Handbrake, and then into iTunes? (I'm getting an iPod soon, sold my 512 MB shuffle:D )

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Actually, I had this problem with iTunes 7 and the only way I could fix it was by re-installing the program. It's one of the many quirks that I've had with the update to iTunes...

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
Well I searched the forums and only came acoss one other person with this problem but no real solution, As I am speaking iTunes is randomly starting up.. not running or playing or downloading... but just randomly starting up... As soon as I quit it starts back up... actually getting worse now. I opened up the force quit dialog and nothing but Safari, iMovie and Finder are running

Im on a MBP 2Ghz~ 1gb ram

All i am doing is posting this and converting an mp4 clip to DV... thats it any ideas on what it could be?

Try finding the file called com.apple.iTunes.plist
then trash it or just move it to the desktop till u open iTunes.
That solved it for me after i complained to apple tech support
hope it works for you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.