iTunes 8.0 makes my computer slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 213rules, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 213rules macrumors member

I downloaded iTunes 8.0 on the day it came out, Sep 9. Shortly after this, my Windows XP PC began to slow down. :eek:

I didn't realize it was iTunes that was doing this until I got my iPod touch 2G (NOT iTouch). WHen I synced my music, along with my other stuff, it took over 30 mins (I have only 2 GB's of stuff).

So, is there any way I can fix this? I can't uninstall iTunes 8.0- it freezes the computer. Or should I get a new computer (this one is 2 yrs old). I am typing this from the iTunes 8.0 computer, and it routinely freezes on me! Help!:confused::mad::(

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I don't know what to tell you.
    The same thing happens to me on Vista.
    And when I download iTunes 8.0.1 my computer freezes.
    I am just as stuck and frustrated as you.
    I bet this wouldn't be happening if we were running OSX.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

iTunes8 has messed up more then a few PC based systems. Don't feel to bad, it messed up a lot of macs too.

I thought that 8.0.1 was supposed to fix that but does not look to be the case.

4. wheelhot macrumors 68020

Well it is most likely cause Apple writes bad software on Windows. I used to own Windows and now I own a Mac, loves Mac much more then Windows and the main thing I realize is iTunes on Mac runs much faster then on Windows. I haven't tried iTunes 8 on Windows yet but how does the visualizer work in the Windows version, does it when you switch to visualizer the visualizer appears as in its been playing in the background all the while or it will appear like the previous iTunes 7 visualizer (restarts each time you start the visualizer).

On the Mac, when you switch to the new visualizer while a song is playing, it will look like the visualizer is running in the background. Odd enough, sometime this cause iTunes to slow down badly and it will end up with a 1-2 minute kernel panic.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

6. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

Glad you asked!! :D Yes, :apple: you :apple: most :apple: definitely :apple: should :apple:, but :apple: I'll :apple: leave :apple: that :apple: decision :apple: up :apple: to :apple: you. :apple: :D

7. wheelhot macrumors 68020

yea....we clearly get your message ;)

8. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

I get the same results. My computer freezes ALOT on iTunes 8.0.1. It wasn't bad on iTunes 8, so idk what happened. Also, it does take up ALOT of memory!! It's horrible on a PC!...That's why I am waiting for my new MacBook! Ahhh, I can't wait. Mac OS X sounds really great....

9. MMan5797 macrumors member

I have the same problem, but I don't have the option to switch to Mac...it is SOO frustrating