iTunes 8.0 Memory Leak!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FF_productions, Sep 12, 2008.

1. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I never usually badmouth iTunes, but 8.0 is a serious ram hog.

I open up the app, and it starts from around the normal memory usage, and grows to half a gig as posted in the screenshot...

It is 8.0, but I wanted to know if anybody else is experiencing the same thing.

EDIT: I'm doing a horrible job posting a screenshot..stay put for one..

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i was getting around 50 megs when just casually listening to music for an hour. then after i saw your post i played around with a few of the new features like updating Genius, Genius sidebar, Genius playlist, grid view, magnetosphere etc. and only jumped 20 megs.
    Screencapture 1.jpg

3. FF_productions thread starter macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Thing is, I have disabled all the new features, and I was just importing CD's, playing music, the basics. It has leveled off to around 212 megs, but still, it was normally around 30-50 megs with iTunes 7.

4. BrewMan macrumors newbie

I've noticed the same. Although not quite 200+mb, it's been clocking in at around 100mb. A big difference from the usual 40-50mb that iTunes 7 used.

5. kolax macrumors G3

I would have thought importing a CD would cause iTunes to consume more RAM than normal.

I am updating Genius and it is using 112MB's of RAM. Considering I usually have well over a GB free, I'm not that bothered.