Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

After the updates:

• Everything works like a charm

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Had sync issues but fixed them

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Have sync issues and now nothing will sync. Driving me crazy

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I have issues, but none of them related to syncing.

The real problem is the increasingly unstable Apple TV, as well as the increasingly more sluggish interface.

Streaming is very poor compared to version 1.0.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I agree with zedsdead. I don't have sync issues. I do, however, get annoyed at the sluggish :apple:TV interface and the instability. I have to do a remote reset or pull the power plug at least once a week. Didn't have to do that before the 2.2 update.

Regards,
Michael

ladysman

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
I agree with zedsdead. I don't have sync issues. I do, however, get annoyed at the sluggish :apple:TV interface and the instability. I have to do a remote reset or pull the power plug at least once a week. Didn't have to do that before the 2.2 update.

Regards,
Michael

The appleTV just disconnects from the network. Never did it before until 2.2/8.01. Tried both wired and wireless with same results. Sometimes it goes a week or more without this happening then other times it every day.

rotarypower101

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2007
Portland Oregon
Other than random lag and sluggishness, this is the most stable I have seen my TVs since 1.x.
Really happy with this revision so far…..now if I could say the same about the phone!
Its getting better, but there are still an unnumbered amount of bugs and issues that still effect me with iphones current firmware.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
The appleTV just disconnects from the network. Never did it before until 2.2/8.01. Tried both wired and wireless with same results. Sometimes it goes a week or more without this happening then other times it every day.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem. Seems like once a week I have to connect the AppleTV to my network because it losses the information. Like others here, I find myself having to reset the device quite a bit, which is very unacceptable.

PROJECT359

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Texas, USA
I've been wondering if the issue is not with the update, but with a defective AppleTV unit. It is odd though, all my issues happened after the updates but I'm curious to know if anyone that purchased an AppleTV recently have the same issues.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
I have random lag on mine for the first time ever.

I rented a movie last night for the kids and the movie started to stutter and freeze in the middle. The movie was no where near the tail of the download. I usually let it download to about 10% before starting. That never happened before I did the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.