iTunes 8.1 cover flow lag?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macaco74, Mar 12, 2009.

1. macaco74 macrumors regular

I find that I swipe on my macbook pro to go through the cover flow, I find that it lags or freezes then flies by as if to catch up. But then it freezes again, flies by, irritating. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I am experiencing something similar since the 8.1 update, the 2 finger swipe in cover flow used to be smooth, but now it stops working for a couple of seconds after landing on an album. Is this was you are getting?

3. macaco74 thread starter macrumors regular

That is exactly what I am experiencing. It can be very frustrating when you are just trying to scan the coverflow and pick a new song or album or even artist to listen to.

I do hope this is something that is fixed in the near term. I am considered doing a role back but did not want to lose my playlists and play count information as I use these quite extensively.

4. basaltfd macrumors regular

basaltfd

what happened

since the upgrade 8.2 i dont get any coverflow now?????
    i do have a bunch of cd's burnt into the itouch and it worked before

5. songcunzhi macrumors member

songcunzhi

That's what I am experiencing. Hopefully it can be fixed in next update. Otherwise I have to give up using this feature. I like using coverflow in previous versions. But now, it is just unusable.

6. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

It's only horizontal swiping that is affected, if you swipe vertically it works fine.

7. basaltfd macrumors regular

basaltfd