Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
itunes 8.1 is still laggy while playing music for me. Selecting a different song, or using the keyboard command keys will produce a significant delay with frequent beach balls. The pause function works fine using the command keys, but when you hit it again to restart the song, it takes a good 4-6+ seconds to start playing the song.

Is anyone else experiencing these annoyances using itunes 8.1? Any fixes?

2.53 unibody
4gb
320hdd

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I'm having nearly the same problems on my MacBook. I'll get weird pauses/beachballs trying to start up a song and it'll only be for THAT song.

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
itunes 8.1 is still laggy while playing music for me. Selecting a different song, or using the keyboard command keys will produce a significant delay with frequent beach balls. The pause function works fine using the command keys, but when you hit it again to restart the song, it takes a good 4-6+ seconds to start playing the song.

Is anyone else experiencing these annoyances using itunes 8.1? Any fixes

whenever iTunes ran slow on me i re-installed it. also if you have the time and the first suggestion doesnt work try re-adding all of your songs.

vexingv

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
same problem, but primarily w/ podcasts

i thought i must have been the only one w/ this issue after upgrading to itunes 8.1 as i have not come across any other reports/postings.

i have the same problem, but primarily w/ podcasts. the entire system will hang when resuming playback and sometimes when pausing. i've downloaded and installed itunes 8.1 again and had deleted my prefs as well. i haven't attempted to re-add/start a fresh library as i don't think podcasts (i've got a lot that i still haven't listened to) can be manually added correctly.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Works fine for me. MBP Classic. Paused/Played with no delay whilst typing this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.