itunes 8.1 is still laggy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crown, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Crown macrumors newbie

itunes 8.1 is still laggy while playing music for me. Selecting a different song, or using the keyboard command keys will produce a significant delay with frequent beach balls. The pause function works fine using the command keys, but when you hit it again to restart the song, it takes a good 4-6+ seconds to start playing the song.

Is anyone else experiencing these annoyances using itunes 8.1? Any fixes?

2.53 unibody
    4gb
    320hdd

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm having nearly the same problems on my MacBook. I'll get weird pauses/beachballs trying to start up a song and it'll only be for THAT song.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

whenever iTunes ran slow on me i re-installed it. also if you have the time and the first suggestion doesnt work try re-adding all of your songs.

4. vexingv macrumors newbie

same problem, but primarily w/ podcasts

i thought i must have been the only one w/ this issue after upgrading to itunes 8.1 as i have not come across any other reports/postings.

i have the same problem, but primarily w/ podcasts. the entire system will hang when resuming playback and sometimes when pausing. i've downloaded and installed itunes 8.1 again and had deleted my prefs as well. i haven't attempted to re-add/start a fresh library as i don't think podcasts (i've got a lot that i still haven't listened to) can be manually added correctly.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, a couple of times it has lagged and beach ball shows up. Probably a fix is in the works, b/c it's pissing me off to the point that I limit my iTunes usage....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Works fine for me. MBP Classic. Paused/Played with no delay whilst typing this

7. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Works perfect for me...............on win xp. sorry.