iTunes 8.1 + Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fabian9, Mar 12, 2009.

1. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Hi Guys,

I just tried to update my iphone from 2.2 to 2.2.1 and I'm kinda getting the feeling that iTunes 8.1 checks for custom firmwares and then throws an unknown error (1600 i think it was). I've tried it several times now, rebuilding the custom firmware etc but it's not having it... :S

Fabian

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

i dunno. . .i hear it doesn't affect any of the jailbreak methods on any of the devices

3. fabian9 thread starter macrumors 65816

fabian9

Maybe it's just me then. But I'm downgrading to 8.0.2 as we speak and I'm pretty sure it'll work on this one... will report back later/tomorrow!

4. fabian9 thread starter macrumors 65816

fabian9

alright, just gave it a shot in 8.0.2 and can't get it to work there either.

so it probably is just me. :)

sorry about the confusion!

5. digitalrio macrumors newbie

I had a problem after I upgraded iTunes to 8.1. I tried to jailbreak several iphones via the Pwnage Tool and after the process is completed the AT&T signal disappears. All I get is five dots. Anybody having the same issue?

6. acid macrumors newbie

acid

hey if you need to find the latest firmware.... just go here!
    then as you sync just replace it using that! :)

i <3 :apple:

7. Ekelon macrumors newbie

u might have to restore ur iphone to factory conditions, update the firmware, and then re-jailbreak it. only use that as last resort lol and don't forget to back up your phone first!

8. digitalrio macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies guys. I found the solution by re-installing the yellowsn0w module in Cydia and re-booting. That got all of them working. Thanks again!!

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You sure, I tried several times to restore to earlier version (after wiping phone) and kept getting error.

Only version which completes was current version (highest version ever upgraded to) --hope that makes sense.

NE1 else get their iPhone to go back to older version ?? :confused: