iTunes 8.1 music lag

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZMacintosh, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing some really random and long lags with using your itunes library?

I have my library on two drives one that is always activeo n my network and the back up i wanted to see if it was maybe my wireless connection...it happened on each drive i used (AirDisk and directly attached to my MacBook)

i would select a song to play and it would take a really long time to load, then i would select the next song and that would create a beach ball.

so i tried it on a second macbook running the previous version of iTunes i think its 8.0 and no lag what so ever, i can breeze through selecting all my music effortlessly no beachballs no wait time at all between using the AirDisk library or the one attached to the macbook.

the AirPort Extreme is running the latest software/firmware and all the software and system updates have been applied to MacBook(1) which the system having the intermittent lagging problems.

anyone else have this occur or a way around it....

thanx!

2. wpc33 macrumors 6502

wpc33

I had random beachballs all the frikkin' time once I upgraded from 7.7 to 8.0

But then, 8.1 was released, and iTunes has never been faster. It's silly quick, from 55-sec load in 8.0.2 to 14-sec in 8.1.
    I highly recommend it for everyone.

3. tezro macrumors regular

tezro

Thought it was just me, but I have it too.
    Complete random pauses. Songs that wait a second or 2.
    So annoying when listening to mix albums.

4. WG5516 macrumors regular

I guess it's a problem w/ 8.1 then. This is kind frustrating.

5. WG5516 macrumors regular

UGH!!! Trying to listen to "iTunes DJ" they removed the feature where you could uncheck a song from that playlist, so I go to the holiday genre section and try to uncheck those songs and it froze. Is their a way I can downgrade and my music will be ok? Nothing lost?

6. EEcuber17 macrumors member

This exact problem is happening to me as well. I have found the only way to correct the problem is if I either re-encode the track in iTunes or in a separate program like XLD. It's like if the song has "Encoded with: Unknown" - it lags..and horribly.

This should not be happening. I hope this is fixed in the next release.

7. SecondDealer macrumors regular

I've been having similar lag issues, I press the play / pause button on my keyboard and it usually takes somewhere between 3-5 seconds to respond to my command. Very irritating.

8. basaltfd macrumors regular

basaltfd