iTunes 8.1 UI glitch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stridder44, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

What the hell...ok, is anyone else having this problem? I ran Software Update (which installed iTunes 8.1 and the new FrontRow). After the installer finished, I opened iTunes and came across this:

[​IMG]

The bars labeled Name, Time, Artist, etc. are all messed up. They aren't clickable. It's like they're just stuck. And this is the same for playlists as well.

So I tried restarting my Mac. Nothing, still there. I downloaded the iTunes 8.1 installer, installed, and it's still there. o_O Wtf...

EDIT: Tired repairing permissions, nothing.

OK, and apparently opening various other playlists or the Radio/Podcast tabs messes it up even more. Notice if I click on the Podcast tab, then click back on the Library tab...

[​IMG]

:confused: This glitch only appears to be happening in this title bar area.

And no, I don't run any UI modification apps (such as ShapeShifter, etc.)

2. macfaninpdx macrumors regular

Did you try resizing or adding/removing columns on the playlist window? What about checking your fonts for conflicts?

3. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Like I said, they're stuck. They are NOT clickable/moveable/etc.

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Do you have any haxie (software that alters the UI in anyway-Themes) installed?

5. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Are you guys even reading my posts?

6. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

I read your post :)

Try clearing the cache using OnyX. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling iTunes completely (Guide here) and reinstalling it again from the installer you downloaded.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've seen that in either 8.0 or 7.something, although restarting iTunes fixed it. Not sure what to suggest!

8. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Ok, now this is getting very weird. I just noticed the ratings are gone. All of them. But I can't change any of them. It's like they're just not there. I click on them, nothing.

Also, the little speaker icon that appears next to the song currently playing is gone as well. :confused:

9. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I gave both of these a shot, sadly neither worked. :( First I used Onyx (love that app) to clear the System/User/Applications cache. Didn't work.

Tried completely uninstalling iTunes (using an official Apple support document). Still doesn't work! What the crap this is seriously irritating.

EDIT: Here's what the Radio tab looks like.

[​IMG]

10. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

So I decided to do the one thing I had yet to try, reinstalling Leopard (which I had done only weeks before). It fixed it. A couple weeks later I realized I had OnyX set to disable the arrows linking to the iTunes Store in iTunes (those arrows you see next to song, artist, and album titles). I have no idea if this was the actual cause of the issue, but I can assume. In any case, it's fixed now.