iTunes 8 crashes while processing artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jecapaga, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Please let me not be the only one. So I downloaded and it went to do the album artwork update and it now hangs every time on random albums and then crashes. Then a restart and start over. So now I am completely shut out of using iTunes at all. Anyone??

2. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

Have you added or modified any of the album art or is it all downloaded from iTunes?

Mark.

3. schmidty11 macrumors newbie

You are not the only person....

Hi. Pretty much the same thing is happening to me. In fact I created my acccount with this forum just to comment on this thread.
    When I first open it up, it crashes when it is Processing the Artwork Thumbnails. I pressed stop and just bypassed getting the thumbnails, but it still crashes from time to time for no reason. I just want my iTunes back, but I don't feel comfortable uninstalling a program that is such an integral part to the Mac OS.
    Anyone know what to do to hopefully get iTunes 8 to possibly start working again? or at worst what to do so I can get iTunes to work again?

Thanks in advance.

4. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

I only had Itunes 8 crash once on me while adding album artwork.
    Havent had any issues since.

5. G4DP macrumors 65816

Crashed when I tried to create the genius side bar. It was downloading album art at the same time.

No problems since then though.

6. jecapaga thread starter macrumors 601

jecapaga

Still no solution here. I see there is also a thread on the apple site discussing the same issue. If I have 26,000 songs with artwork and it's randomly going to crash when processing all that artwork I'm totally screwed.

Even if i hit 'stop' it freezes my mac and i can only restart which leaves me completely without iTunes. SUCKS.

7. schmidty11 macrumors newbie

Link?

Could you put the link on this site to the apple thread so I can look at that too? thanks.
    for some reason I can't find that thread.

8. jecapaga thread starter macrumors 601

jecapaga