iTunes 8 Grid View Feature Doesn't Work!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snverhallen, Sep 13, 2008.

1. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I did a normal install of iTunes 8 and when I go into "Grid View" it shows up fine. When I mouse-over my Albums etc. I get the "Play Album" overlay but when I click that it doesn't do anything, it doesn't start playing the album... nothing. When I use this feature in the "Podcasts" section of iTunes it works fine, it only doesn't work in the Music section.

Any ideas, or fixes?

snverhallen

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

iTunes can't play tracks that aren't there. Check for the dreaded exclamation mark icon.

3. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, I have no exclamation marks. And it's not just one album, it's all of them that don't work.

snverhallen

4. tobyboat macrumors newbie

This has just started happening to me.
    In my Playlists it plays fine, just in my Music Library nothing happens at all.
    Very strange.

5. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

If you click on the album picture, not the 'play album' part, does it give you the track listing?

6. tobyboat macrumors newbie

Yeah, it all works fine from there, it's just strange how it did work for me, but all of a sudden has stopped.
    Not a massive deal, as I always play music from selected playlists anyway, rather than the library.

*Edit*
    My repeat button was selected (to just play one song, over & over) - once I changed this to repeat the whole album (or turned completely off) my play album works again!
    Sorted!

7. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you that solved the problem for me as well. But I think this feature should still work with Repeat 1 song on. It could just start playing the first song of a Album or Artist and repeat; it doesn't have to not start playing at all.

What do you think?

snverhallen