iTunes 8 interface now makes sounds?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaypee68, Sep 10, 2008.

1. jaypee68 macrumors regular

Ok, wasn't sure where to put this since I didn't see an iTunes on Windows forum, so here it goes.

I put iTunes 8 on my Vista PC, and now all of a sudden it makes produces system noises when I use the interface. This double "clunk" noise plays when I double click on an artist in the grid view, and when I click on a song to play on the screen that shows all of the artists albums.

iTunes never ever made any system noises before, so why now? I looked in iTunes prefs for something but haven't found a setting for it. Anyone else experience this?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The Interface sounds should be set in the Sounds Control Panel. This may be related to iTunes 8 being based on Safai, but I've not heard of it before.

TEG

3. jaypee68 thread starter macrumors regular

I had checked that out, but I cannot find any active sound that sounds like what I'm hearing, and the only program entries in the sounds panel are Windows, Explorer, Windows Speech recognition, Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition, Windows Photo Gallery, AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft.

Weird I say, weird!

4. drumrigj macrumors newbie

Me too

I am also experiencing the weird sounds when navigating through the interface once I upgraded to ver 8 (Windows Vista).