iTunes 8 means no AirTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bananabar, Sep 10, 2008.

1. bananabar macrumors regular

Since upgrading to iTunes 8 I get an 'Unknown Error -15000' when trying to connect to my Airport Express with AirTunes.

Anyone else getting this?

I'm on a new MBP running OS 10.5.4, new AirPort Express (802.11n) with 7.3.2 firmware.

Anyone else have this? I can't find anything on the forums. Nothing else has changed.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

3. bananabar thread starter macrumors regular

Software Update says my software is up to date.

The firmware of my AirPort is - how do I know if it's the most recent/how do I make it the most recent?

I'm a bit annoyed iTunes 8 didn't sort this for me. My computer is just six months old and I got the AirPort last month. It's a bit lame that it already has problems.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Mine's working fine -- although 'Genius' doesn't work over the network.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You will have to use your AirPort Utility to check the firmware of your AirPort. There was an update recently. I've had no problems with mine.

TEG

6. bananabar thread starter macrumors regular

The software for my AirPort is 7.3.2 and going to AirPort Utility > Software Update says there is no new software available.

Could someone confirm their working AirPort has 7.3.2??

Thanks

7. item macrumors newbie

I was getting the (-15000) error this morning, but seem to have beaten it.

Turning IPv6 off seems to have been the solution for me.
    System Prefs>Network>Airport>TCP/IP>Configure IPv6>Off

Macbook 10.4.11 - iTunes 8 - airport express 7.3.2

Hope this helps.
    T.

8. danbretl macrumors newbie

ipv6 solution worked for me

my airport extreme and airport express are both at version 7.3.2, and i was having this error intermittently but it has stopped happening since i did the solution suggested in this forum of setting IPv6 in network airport tcp/ip settings to "off".

9. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I'm streaming to both my Apple TV and Airport Express without any problems. Airport Express is using firmware 6.3.

I don't have a password for AirTunes.

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

My problem is that iTunes 8 streams to the Apple TV through AirTunes, but then in the transition between songs, usually after 1 but sometimes after 2, the sound goes out. It plays the first song, but when it starts to buffer and load the second song, it loses the Air connection to remote speakers. I haven't tried going through the Apple TV menus directly to stream music and see if the problem persists, but I use iTunes mainly to push through the Apple TV to keep from turning my TV on just to select or change music. And I use my iPhone Remote app to control it a lot too. I don't get an error message. iTunes continues playing the songs with no sound and if I select Computer and then select Apple TV again, it reconnects to the remote speakers. I called Applecare and they told me that while they CSR tech I spoke to didn't have any actual info on this problem, they knew there were general AirTunes/iTunes 8 issues that would likely be addressed in a 8.x.x update once they are fixed.

11. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Every day I usually have to quit and reopen iTunes for it to stream to my AE.

12. yocko macrumors member

same here. what is the mater with that company... why does evrything they bring on the market, software hardware, have to filled with glitches.... they more and more seem to turn into MS

13. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

My AirTunes works just as great as before. No problems whatsoever.

Make sure you have the latest versions of your stuff!

14. bananabar thread starter macrumors regular

Totally agree.

15. jantjevb macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, but I just restart the song several times and then it goes and goes. Annoying change tho.

16. silkmusic macrumors newbie

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You DO realize you just responded to a year-old post, right?