iTunes 8 on XP?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikeHU4L, Jan 1, 2009.

1. MikeHU4L macrumors newbie

MikeHU4L

Ok, so iTunes 8 won't download on windows XP, and I've been told that there are work arounds. I would highly appreciate some help with this issue.

When I run iTunes 8 setup it just says I downloaded it directly after hitting the install button (no actual installation) and then doesent show up on my computer. I did some research and many people have this issue.

Im using an iPod Touch 32, and windows XP.

Thank you :]

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

3. MikeHU4L thread starter macrumors newbie

MikeHU4L

I have tried restarting my computer and retrying to install. many, many times....:confused:

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

hmm, perhaps your windows xp is not SP3? you need to install service pack 3. it is a major update to xp so you will need to do that. other than that, i don't know what is wrong.

5. MikeHU4L thread starter macrumors newbie

MikeHU4L

yes, i have SP3. are you using XP? (w/ itunes 8 of course) and are there any older forms of itunes that would pick up my 2nd gen ipod touch?

6. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

I've got iTunes 8 on XP with SP2.

You may need to uninstall ALL Apple software (iTunes, Safari, Quick Time etc) from your PC then restart and re-download iTunes and re-install. Since I had to do this when I had a problem upgrading to an earlier version of iTunes I have not had any further problems.

Edit: I have a 1st gen touch.

7. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

yep, im using itunes 8 without any trouble with my dad's ipod touch 2G. so it might just be corrupt data or something. so i suggest what big-blue-wolf said to do.
    EDIT: this is on XP

8. MikeHU4L thread starter macrumors newbie

MikeHU4L

Big blue wolf, thank you ALOT that helped :]]]]]]]]] finally, ive beeen trying for far to long :p but thank you very much

9. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf