iTunes 8 Preferences

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 204467, Oct 11, 2008.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

How do you get to the burning preferences in iTunes 8? I know how to get to regular preferences, but not the burning preferences. I hate having the 2 second gap and want to change that. How do I do that?

2. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You'd think that in 49 views that someone would know the answer. I know there must be a way to change the burning preferences, can someone please tell me how to do it in iTunes 8 on a Mac?

3. calculus Guest

calculus

When you click 'Burn Disc' a window with the settings pops up and you can change it there.

4. calculus Guest

calculus

Maybe people would be more willing to help you if you acknowledged them when they did.

5. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I don't even understand what you mean here. No one had helped, though the topic had been up for almost a day when I asked again. There was no one to thank for their help; if you're referring to how I didn't automatically thank you for your post, get a life. I was making dinner when you wrote that; I don't spend all my time on MacRumors so I can't instantly acknowledge someone's post.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Must say that's a pretty ungracious response to someone who actually addresed your initial query and its follow-up. Manners matter, even online. If you post a question, then demand a response by adding a second (slightly petulant) post to it, anyone who takes the time to respond should be thanked. It sounds a lot more gracious to write "sorry, I was busy and missed it, but thanks for your time and trouble" than to snap "get a life, I was making dinner".
    Cheers.

7. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just don't understand Calculus's second comment. He/she asked for a response without knowing if I had even read his/her comment. Generally, when I get help, I am gracious and always post a thank you (which you'll note I did) but his/her second comment bugged me enough to seem as though I don't have manners. And for the record, my second post (the bump) was not meant to be snide; I was a little miffed that no one in all of the people who had read my question had taken the time to answer a simple question. All I was doing was asking for help once again.

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Fair enough. Your second post (the bump) did come across as a bit demanding; sometimes, people read a thread and don't respond because they don't know the answer. They are hardly going to post actually saying that. Quite recently, I posted on a problem I had with screen sizing, (which was a perennial problem of mine) and while many read it, none responded. After a few frustrating hours, I worked it out myself (an accidental but correct solution) and posted to that effect. Embarrassingly, the solution was simple, but there you are.
    Cheers

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Did you think that maybe the people that viewed it were in the same predicament as you and couldn't find the burn preferences either? I myself was stumped until it popped up when I hit "Burn Disc".

10. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, perhaps I was a bit too demanding. I won't be next time.

Yes, but whenever I newly install iTunes, I always change the burn preferences to what I want them to be; I didn't feel like wasting a disc to see what would happen.

11. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa