iTunes 8 scratchy music/audio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac000, Feb 6, 2009.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

On iTunes my music sounds fine, but when i burn cd's the music is scratchy/jagged and I cannot listen to it because it drops out.

I thought it was just my cd player in my car but no matter where I play the cd's this happens.

I know this has been a problem for some people but I can't find a fix for the Mac computer. I'm using intel mac's and running iTunes 8.

Can someone help me fix this?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Have you tried:

Burn with name brand disk.
    Burn using slower speed.

3. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes and yes. I've been using iTunes as long as I can remember. There has to be something going on with iTunes 8??

4. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nobody knows what i'm talking about and or how to fix this?

5. shawnpetriw macrumors newbie

You are not alone

My wife is experiencing a similar issue on her Intel Macbook - My PPC G5 seems to be fine.

I'm going to do some thorough tests myself, but will likely downgrade to 7.7.

6. shawnpetriw macrumors newbie

Crazy

OK, get this: When I play the burned CD on her machine, it plays just fine. When I play it on my machine (and others experience this too) it sounds all crackly.

Whether I play it in iTunes or quicktime, it's scratchy. On her machine it is not. SAME CD!

Also, if I import the .aiff file into garage band on the G5 - scratchy, on hers, it's just fine.

So then I test the G4 Mac mini - sounds fine! And I test the old blue and white G3 - sounds fine!!

So WTF is wrong with my G5?

And get this - I put the cd into her macbook, log on from my G5, copy the .aiff file over and guess what - sounds fine!!

The other thing I don't get with iTunes - burning a CD seems to reference databases rather than burn the name - on her machine the disk is called "Kyle", on mine it's called "For DVD" on the Mac mini it's "(some weird name)"

You would think data is data, right? Apparently you'd be wrong.