iTunes 8 starting shuffle in grid view?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iamvexed, Sep 9, 2008.

1. iamvexed macrumors member

So I'm pretty happy with iTunes 8, but more often than not, I just open iTunes and press play. Since shuffle is turned on, I get a nice mix of songs that is almost never the same.

I really like the grid view. Something new, and it's far easier to handle than cover flow.

Here's the problem. When I open iTunes, I can't just press play and have it start shuffling. It just starts at the first song of the first album. If I hit next, it goes to the next song on that album. If, however, I switch to list view, and hit play (upon opening iTunes), it shuffles just as normal, even if I switch back to grid view.

Anyone know how to get it to start shuffling in grid view?

Thanks in advance!

2. North Bronson macrumors 6502

This is driving me nuts, too.

I'm used to just leaving iTunes open in the MiniPlayer with album shuffle. If I press Option-Left, it gave me a random album. This was great.

3. iamvexed thread starter macrumors member

And it then played the album start to finish?

4. Benjy UK macrumors newbie

I'm with you dude...I've been searching and don't think its possible! Which is a shame as I don't like the list view, and coverflow isn't really that great either IMO!

Contact Apple time..? haha.

5. North Bronson macrumors 6502

I always left shuffle set to 'Albums' instead of songs. It's always felt kind of like having a big CD carousel on my computer -- which I prefered to randomizing over songs.

6. ect0plasm macrumors newbie

ect0plasm

Weeeeelllllllll…

Well, it seems a number of people are reporting this as a bug.
    I'm of the opinion it isn't a bug at all and it's just the way Apple decided to roll out the new iTunes to push its new features. :eek:

If I had my way there would be a simple way to select to shuffle 'albums' or 'all', maybe via keystroke as well as button or checkbox. :D

(somewhat off topic: Buuut yea, i wish the macbook/mbp remote had a shuffle button on it.. more than fixing an issue like this. I think I can probably fix that with a 3rd party remote app.) :rolleyes: