iTunes 8: Strange sound effect playing (Genius?)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mmountain, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mmountain macrumors newbie

I've been stumped lately as to what in the world is playing a strange sound that i think is a product of Genius. It happens when I:

- Navigate to the iTunes store
    - Click on any links in the itunes store, search, account, etc
    - when the Genius side bar is out, and tracks change while playing from my Music.

I have gotten it to stop the incessant noise making when tracks change by turning it off and hiding the side bar; but it still makes the noise when i click playlists, my iphone or ipod, other directories, etc.

I'm on a mission to destroy this f#(*&#$(ing sound, and could use some help :)

thanks!

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Are you using a windows comp? I had some strange bleep sound when I clicked the menus on my windows machine, but i, and none of my friends, get the sound on a mac... it puzzled me too

3. mmountain thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

I looked on prefs but couldn't find how to get rid of it, hope someone here can help :eek:

5. lenguerrier macrumors newbie

Stop Genius sound FX in Vista

To stop the annoying sound FX from Genius when changing song etc.

Goto your control panel, choose sound, click the sounds tab, then in the program scrollable area in the middle find itunes.

On mine, the sounds associated with itunes had warning triangles, I corrected these to 'none' for both complete and page load complete.

The sounds have now gone.

Hope this helps.

6. TechWhore macrumors regular

7. rwaldrop macrumors newbie

Thank you lenguerrier

You would not believe the volume of seemingly helpful, yet completely incorrect solutions to this problem (I'm talking dozens). Thank you for providing the correct solution.