iTunes 9.0.1(9) Sluggish on G4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lord Blackadder, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Afternoon all -

I just upgraded my G4 tower (specs in sig) and 15" PowerBook G4 1.33Ghz to iTunes 9.0.1 and the tower is giving me very slow performance. clicking to different playlists is accompanied by a delay of a second or more and sometimes a beachball, and even switching between songs within a playlist will sometimes involve a brief spinning beachball. I've never had any version of iTunes, tight from the dawn of the application up to today, ever run this slow....

The PowerBook runs it better, though it definitely doesn't run quite as fast as the previous version. But nowhere near as bad as the on the tower. I just did a little cleanup on the tower with Onyx and it has not altered the poor performance.

Any thoughts?

2. starepod macrumors newbie

Prefs

I'm running a similar set-up to your tower, and trashing my prefs really settled things down.

I fear this may become a recurring issue as i just did it again because response from the app began to crawl. Again. Second time in two weeks. Beginning to think it is just time to upgrade.

YMMV, but good luck.