iTunes 9.0.2 and Handbrake

Discussion in 'iPod' started by yukon8170, Aug 12, 2010.

1. yukon8170 macrumors member

I recently started ripping dvds using handbrake and importing them into itunes for managing the videos better. It has worked great so far, the mp4 files look great. However after updating to 9.0.2, the videos will only play the audio and not the video. I know the file works because it will play in quicktime. Anyone else run into this issue? Thanks!

edit:some one has to have some ideas?! I'm so lost!

2. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

Update to the newest iTunes and if it doesn't work then, re-import them.

3. TinHead88 macrumors regular

TinHead88

Have you checked sound sync of any of your handbrake conversions? I have not been able to get a single file to work for the last 2 years with handbrake. I'm really surprised this hasn't been discussed anywhere.

The sound is always lagging a frame or two behind the visuals for MP4 conversions.

Tom

4. pollrobin macrumors newbie

I also use this tool once in my lab.There are number of tools on the Internet Which Provide you this Kind of Service You can easily Ripping the CD or DVD with the Help of That Tools.

5. yukon8170 thread starter macrumors member

My sound and video match perfectly, never had an issue with that. As for reimporting the videos, that doesn't do anything. Old videos already in iTunes and new ones that i am trying to import will both have the same issue. If any one has any other ideas, or a better way to rip them, please let me know. Thanks!

6. karynmonk macrumors newbie

I also use this tool, once I lab.There are various tools on the Internet, to provide such services, you can easily copy to CD or DVD to help search tool.