Itunes 9.0.2 Video Tagging not working? Pls Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bcos17, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Bcos17 macrumors newbie

Ever since I upgraded to Itunes 9.0.2 I cannot tag handbrake m4v video files with new artwork. Is anyone else having this same problem? If I try to drag artwork from safari to the artwork tab it doesn't do anything. If I drag the artwork to my desktop first, then into the artwork tab, it drops the artwork like normal but after I hit OK the the file's artwork reverts to the screen shot from the beginning of the file. If I then go back into the file info the artwork is gone. It's as if Itunes is rejecting the artwork. I have tried this with several different video files and several different pieces of artwork and nothing helps. Any ideas?

2. Gary Mendham macrumors newbie

Album Art tagging not working in iTunes 9.0.2

Had a similar problem myself since upgrading to iTune 9.02. Album art dragged to iTunes file info section has the green plus copy sign but art will not drop into album art box direct from Safari. If dropped from Safari to an intermediate folder and then dragged to iTunes it works fine. No ideas why, I assume at's a bug in 9.0.2

3. bigdaddyp macrumors regular

Cant you just use metax instead? For whatever reason whenever I use itunes to add artwork itunes becomes unresponsive for several minutes before it completes.

4. Quade macrumors newbie

What I have done

I found the issue almost random when I am video tagging.

Now I backup the file before I try pasting into the Artwork Tab.

If it happens, my only recourse is to copy the backup over the existing file. It seems to always work on the next try.

Very annoying, this used to not be an issue.

I have a working theory I have yet to test, I turned off the "Selected Item" artwork windows in the main iTunes window. I have not recently done enough videos to know for sure, but I think there might be an internal race condition when one itunes thread is accessing it to "Cross fade" the "Selected Item" window and when the "Info" thread is trying to update the file. I have occasionally got "File in Use" errors when I went to move the file to it's final position, and it cleared after I closed iTunes.

I have a second theory is when this does happen that this damages the file, as the artwork is stored in the video file rather then the iTunes database. (m4v format from handbrake), thus why my backup and restore method works.

Still a theory, but I will find out in my next batch.