iTunes 9.1.1.12 makes sounds

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sactownbwoy, Apr 30, 2010.

1. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

So as the title states the newest iTunes makes stupid cutesy sounds now when I click on anything, such as going to the iTunes store. I tried searching but didn't find anything.

Also I searched through all of iTunes and couldn't find anything. I want to turn these sounds off because they are annoying me. I hate stupid cutesy sounds like this.

Why would they add this. There are so many other problems with iTunes that could be addressed first.

2. Longbranch macrumors newbie

Change the sound scheme

This might work: Go to "Change system sounds" in your windows control panel (Start > Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Change system sounds) and select the sounds you like. I don't know of any options in the itunes menus.
    Tim

3. sactownbwoy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks I didn't think to look there. There is a section in there for iTunes now with two entries. One titled "complete" and the "page load complete" I don't understand the need to add these sounds and then to make it such a hassle to find them. Apple is idiotic in their implementation of features sometimes.